Professional communication is the cornerstone to supervisory success. This workshop, designed for TLOMA participants, focuses on the essential communication skills to be an effective leader. We’ll explore, and practice, the skills of listening with intent, sending messages with clarity and persuasiveness, and communicating for success. Through small group interaction, self- diagnosis, case studies and skill practice, participants will learn the practical communications skills relevant to their workplace reality.
Remember, our personal and professional successes are, to a large extent, dependent on our ability to get others to agree with our position. We sometimes achieve this agreement by chance; however, with careful use of certain strategic communication techniques we can learn to develop the kind of rapport with people that consistently creates the results we want.
This highly regarded course uncovers the often hidden motivations of why we act the way we do, and provides practical, easy to implement, strategies to turn negatives into positives and strengthen interpersonal relationships.
- Listen with the intent to learn and create a positive work climate
- Organize and deliver message verbally, and in writing, with maximum clarity and persuasiveness
- Use correspondence techniques to make written communication easy to write, easy to read, and easy to understand
- Program yourself for success through accurate thinking
- Harness the emotional component to assertiveness
- Choose assertive words and body language
- Send assertive work related messages
- Choose and apply specific communication strategies to maximize their persuasive influence
- Use language that creates a supportive climate and lowers defensiveness.
- Uncover your interpersonal style in difficult situations: theory x, theory y.
- Appreciate emotional triggers and the ingredients of crucial conversations
- Prevent communication breakdowns
- Negotiate win-win outcomes
This seminar is for those who take their working relationships seriously. You already recognize that superior interactions depend on the use of strategic communication skills. This workshop will help you to enhance your present communication skills by adding specific and practical strategies that can be put into practice immediately.